On the fence about organ donation? You should register.
You’ll be doing something generous, compassionate and selfless. But more importantly, organ donors give transplant recipients a second chance at life. And that’s really amazing. Here are 5 other important reasons to update your donor status.
- Organ donors save lives. In fact, one donor can save 8 lives and heal 75 others through the gift of donation. That’s a lot of good!
- Right now, more than 2,400 Virginians are waiting for a lifesaving transplant. Across the country, another person is added to the national waiting list every 10 minutes.
- It’s a matter of life and death. 20 people die every day because the organ they need doesn’t come in time.
- About 95% of Americans support donation, but only about 58% register. So, we need more registered donors. Which means you can actually do something to help.
- It doesn’t cost any money to be a donor and it’s really easy to register. Sign up anytime online here.